IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
IBM's Talent and Engagement Practice is seeking a Training Lead Consultant to be part of our Talent and Engagement Team.
Oversee/collaborate on all aspects of training design and development (tools, standards, templates, curricula). The Training Consultant owns all aspects of training delivery including activities through Hypercare.
- Collaborate on development of End User Training Strategy for each workstream (from training development through delivery);
- Own coordination and execution of End User Training delivery;
- Collaborate on strategic direction for all aspects of training (including development, standards, templates, communications, scheduling, etc.);
- Partners with relevant OCM team resources for each workstream to ensure alignment of change impacts, communications, hypercare (post go-live support) and job role mapping activities;
- Collaborate with appropriate team members to ensure impacts to role definitions, security access and process changes are understood to develop role-based content;
- Collaborate with Training Site Coordinators for End-User Training delivery activities;
- Keep program leadership apprised of progress or issues;
- Manage all training documentation to ensure repeatability of use and ease of access by end users;
- Manage hypercare (post go-live) and continued business as usual training needs after go-live (business as usual approach is TBD).
- Extensive knowledge of learning development and delivery cycles;
- Ability to work with project team and local business resources to understand client training needs for development/delivery and provide recommendations for an appropriate training approach;
- Ability to coach, facilitate, and speak to importance of training development, execution and maintenance of training material;
- Strategic and tactical thinking;
- A strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal;
- Detail oriented, specifically for training content tracking/version control, scheduling, and execution;
- Strong management and coordination skills;
- Experience leading a training team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years' experience in training design and delivery including the development of online and mobile material;
- A working proficiency with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, UPerform, and other relevant training development tools;
- Readiness to travel up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements);
- Ability to obtain Canadian federal government security clearance;
- Bilingualism (English and French).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP);
- Bilingualism (English and French).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top