THINKDESK Advisor (Technical Deskside Support)
The Deskside Support Representative/Advisor is primarily responsible for performing a full workload of technical services for IBM employees with complete responsibility for customer satisfaction with the services provided. Services include some or all of the following: software configuration, setup, upgrades, on-site technical support, device reimaging, device installation, software support, or software analysis and repair. Seldom requires assistance from support resources to carry out complex or difficult service for in scope activities.
- Demonstrates leadership in innovative problem resolution techniques.
- Provides support and assistance to others.
- Services may be directed by a service call management process or be performed as part of a team.
- Possesses an extensive knowledge of complex workstations, personal computers, printers, and mobile computing devices.
- Communicates with IBM management and/or team members on a timely basis to inform regarding status of work, of potential or existing problems, and to seek advice and assistance.
- Maintains businesslike communications, conduct and appearance, and otherwise demonstrates a courteous, positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Performs a full workload of technical services to IBM employees.
- Makes appropriate use of reference materials, support centers and diagnostic aids.
- Performs problem determination utilizing the diagnostics, reference documentation, service aids, tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions.
- Corrects failures in IBM, Mac and selected non-IBM equipment by making necessary repairs, verifies correct operation and communicates repair status to the customer.
- Fully document all issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- With assistance as necessary, analyzes problems in the areas of hardware/software installation, migration and operational services using existing techniques and tools.
- May challenge the validity of and make recommendations for improving the processes and procedures used for services delivery.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 Years' Experience
- Customer service skills and problem solving ability.
- Mobile Device Skills
- Strong operational knowledge and experience of Windows 7 & 10, Linux (Rhel 6 & 7), Mac OS, Android and iOS operating systems, common application programs, system diagnostics and local/remote support structure.
- Knowledge of system configuration, physical and network connectivity
- Ability to provide information and direction to others in a clear and concise manner.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Basic understanding of and is able to articulate IBM's technical support delivery methodology, particularly as it relates to base and enhanced support.
- Experience with Lotus Notes / IBM Email
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top