Testing Specialist Analyst - Custom Cloud Applications
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As a QA Specialist and Business Analyst in IBM, you are the bridge between client and technical staff able to understand and translate technical language into business requirements and vise versa. As the Subject Matter Expert for your domain of knowledge, clients look to you to help them understand how to make their business needs realized in their systems and process, and the IBM looks to you for validating that what has been built by the developers, meets the design outlined and meets the client needs. A successful resource in this role must be able to work onsite in Tallahassee, FL, Monday-Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM, nights and weekends as planned in advance with notice as short as a few days, though personal situations are always considered by the project management team. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have some experience working in the public sector and be very driven and self motivated to learn both general job role related skills and information specific to the client and their environment.
We bring our global industrial-strength Application Management capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud and mobile-powered Enterprise Application and Systems Integration skills. The integration of DevOps Innovation Services and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1+ year of experience drafting thorough and complete documentation, converting technical jargon into readable text for nontechnical staff
- 1+ year of experience thinking analytically to assess and document testing approaches for Cloud based applications.
- Ability to draft documentation (System Designs, Test Scripts, etc.) with minimal oversight and follow up knowing that leadership will review and provide concise feedback for growth.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2+ years working with multiple parties/businesses as one would coordinating activities between State and Private business entities.
- 2+ years of experience with Test Script execution and creation, overall test plan creation
- Bachelor's Degree
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top