Test Specialist: Middleware (SOAP UI, CA Lisa, Parasoft)
IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a vibrant group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals, designed specifically to be the source of market-leading Industry consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome based delivery model, all designed to become the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world. IBM GBS provides Value-led and Asset-powered end to end solutions with global footprint in over 170 countries and empowers clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also to transform them for a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world.
Who you are:
- As a Middleware Testing Practitioner, you will design, build, test and deploy effective testing solutions which reduce the amount of manual effort in the testing process.
- You are responsible for applying automated tools to support the testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- You need to support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for -
- Writing scripts for testing the performance and load of the applications
- Testing a feature by reviewing the code changes, executing test scenarios and match with the requirements
- Driving test analysis through test suite code coverage and data analysis
- Identifying infrastructure related issues and propose solutions for the same
- Writing automated tests for both API and UI automation in isolation with dependent systems
- Diagnosing complex production issues, which cannot be reproduced by the Functional QA Engineers
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of SDET and testing experience
- Knowledge of Internet/Web Technologies is must
- Experience in -
- Working on Tools like SOAP UI, CA Lisa, Parasoft, or similar tools.
- Using RestAssured or other API Test automation Frameworks
- Knowledge of WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus (IIB) - good to have
- Proven understanding of OOPS concepts
- Experience in -
- Data model understanding
- Database queries and knowledge on NOSQL platforms
- Test automation and strategy design over distributed systems
- Solving/debugging issues from Production systems by coordinating with remote teams across different vertical (QA, Dev, PM and Operations)
- Understanding of automation tests with stub and mocked data from integrated systems
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top