Test Specialist: IBM Tech Re-Entry Program for Women
Return to the workforce the right way.
IBM values your skill and knowledge.
We'll show you why IBM is a great place for women in STEM.
We'll welcome you back.
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented female technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
As a Test Specialist you will prepare and execute test cases as directed by the Senior Technical Test Specialist. You will apply to all project deliverables, including code, documentation, procedures, operational controls, and end user standards. You will develop the test scenarios and test cases and execute test cases to verify that the system is built as per the requirements.
- To support the Technical Test Team Leader, Senior Technical Testers and Test Manager in building and managing the test plan if required to do so;
- Perform all tasks allocated by the Technical Test Team Leader and ensure they are completed on schedule and to budget;
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements to design efficient scenarios and test cases;
- To understand and work towards achieving quality objectives;
- To communicate status against plan as and when required;
- Ensure all items personally produced within the test plan have complied with the required quality assurance process, and that all have received sign off;
- Develop test cases as directed by the Lead Technical Tester;
- Execute automation tool (if in the plan) to build and maintain the Test bed;
- Support activities required to defining test data needs, identifying available data and creating missing test data;
- Execute test cases as allocated by the Lead Technical Tester;
- Produce plan effort values for each test case developed to aid test team leader planning activities;
- Record actual effort values for all tasks on completion;
- Raise defect records accurately and with sufficient information to enable developers to understand and reproduce the defect;
- Ensure valid to invalid ratio of defect closing codes against defects personally reported is within acceptable boundaries.
- Are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products;
- Thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines;
- Are professional, clear, and concise and and have very strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Have effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Have sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills;
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.
- In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, you must have been out of the work force for a minimum of 2 years;
- Upon acceptance of your offer you are required to attend 3 days orientation in HQ Armonk, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Three plus (3+) years of technical testing experience including the creation of test documentation;
- End-to-end testing experience;
- Experience in test case writing and defect tracking;
- Proven analytical and decision making skills, as well as, good business and communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear and concise information;
- A proven success in handling multiple activities/projects as well as conflicting demands and priorities effectively under time constraints.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top