Test Manager - Engineering Department
For the Engineering Department at IBM Services in Brussels, we are looking for a Test Manager to work for one of our clients in the financial and banking sector. We love to welcome you to our growing team exposing you to lots of opportunities. I hope you are as excited as we are!
What you will do as a test manager
You'll work on site at one of our clients, where you and your teammates come up with innovative solutions for complex challenges. To do so, you can count on an international network of top specialists. You can count on the help and expertise of your colleagues! What your role is like:
- You perform defect analysis, classification & tracking;
- You perform Quality/ Process assurance;
- You manage the testing team and act as a leader. You provide coaching to your team and install defect prevention principles;
- You develop and take care of the master test plan. You set up metrics and reports;
- You liaise with the client (and other stakeholders);
- You make sure you deliver high quality and that your client's expectations are managed .
Our working environment: dynamic, varied and fast-paced, and one in which continuous learning is a minimum requirement. Guided by your career coach, your role and career will evolve based on your own interests, your experience and the market needs. That's because we believe that a job in IT is not static: IBM'ers are innovators and curious specialists; people who continue to grow in order to stay among the very best in their field.
Our new colleague
You're passionate about working as a test manager - it is what makes you thrive in what you do! You are eager to learn new technologies and ways of working and would love to become part of a young an innovative department within IBM. For this role we are looking for a person with 2-5 years of experience, and someone who further wants to build his or her career in IBM.
You are driven, pragmatic, goal-oriented and stress-resistant (early) professional. Analysing and problem-solving belong to your basic skills. You work in a customer-centric way and you have strong communication skills so you can easily collaborate with your teammates, architects, analysts and other partners. Think of presenting the product you created during a meeting at the clients office, for example. You are an authentic standout colleague who makes a real difference within his or her team.
What do we offer you?
First of all, we guarantee a challenging job with a lot of variety and a personalised career path. Second of all, we are very keen on adding you to the E.D.-family of hardworking and driven vogues.
You have access to a high-tech environment with lots of learning opportunities and to the very latest technologies such as Chatbots, Cognitive, Automation, DevOps, AppOps, Blockchain, and more. And that makes us proud! We welcome you into our talent network of technical leaders and innovators from all over the world!
This all, includes a permanent contract and a competitive salary package with additional benefits such as a company car, laptop, smartphone, insurance package, lunch vouchers, ... and 33 days of vacation.
Working at IBM
As an IBMer, you can change the world. We are more than happy to let you join the premier league with diverse thinkers and doers who want to make a difference based on their own expertise. At IBM, every day we deal with top specialists in the field of business and technology.
Diversity, authenticity and creativity are embraced and highly valued. The IBM culture is open, flexible and there is a healthy competitiveness. IBM has been around for more than 100 years and building on this solid foundation, it remains at the top of the most innovative technology companies.
IBM invests a lot in Research and Development and for the 26th year in a row, IBM has more than 9,900 patents in the US. Patent list. Who does this after us?
How to apply?
Are you interested in joining our team? Send your CV (and optionally, a motivation letter) no later than eight weeks after the posting date. We review all responses within two weeks, and we start screening once we receive your application. The screening process consists of multiple steps in which we analyse the match with our new-found Engineering Department in Belgium.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for the following in our new colleague:
- You have 5 years of experience in testing methodology and processes including test design, test cases preparation, test script development, test data preparation and test environments readiness verification;
- You have 3 years of experience in test automation and test automation frameworks including Keyword driven, Data Driven and so on;
- You have 2 years of experience in Financial and Banking services such as Payments, Trading, Risk & Finance, Lending and Insurance, Wholesale and more;
- You have 3 years of experience of automation using UFT/QTP, VB and descriptive programming for Web Services, Z/OS, Linux, Windows, Oracle, DB2, and experiences in using MQ, XML, SOAP API, JIRA, SQL;
- You have worked in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- You have experience in using Selenium, Cucumber, REST API, Jenkins, GIT;
- You have some knowledge of Cognitive automation, Robotic automation;
- You are familiar with Cloud Blockchain and Microservice testing and so on;
- Experience in distributed Agile is a plus;
- You have good coaching skills.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top