The Test Manager is a 4-5 years of hands on role that requires strong experience in leading overall test effort including Test Planning, Test Execution, Defect management process, understanding of automation tools , Test methodologies and resource management.
You'll work directly work with client or IBM business units to design and develop overall Test Strategies for multiple small to medium size projects. You should have strong experience in analysing requirements, identifying appropriate Test methodologies for the projects, leading Test teams, managing resources, monitoring testing process and resoling issues and risks .You should have experience in test management tools like RQM (Rational Quality Manager). .Additional experience with IBM Rational testing tools is preferred, but not required. A good understanding of the SDLC and Agile methodologies is required.
• The delivery of test activity across multiple phases including planning, preparation, execution and reporting activities
• Providing value add to IBM clients through working with regulatory advisers and specialist to identify common issues, failures that can be identified through test activities
• Working as a specialist in Back or Front Office application and leading teams, building test capability in specialist and complex financial systems.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Professional experience working as a Tester and Test Manager/Lead in Back and Front Office systems
• Experience of the utility or telecommunications industry and a good knowledge of standard terminology and offerings
• Experience of testing and test management in utility or telecommunications industry business applications and processes
• Experience leading the successful delivery of test phases as a Test Manager (such as System Test, SIT and UAT)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience using Test Tooling such as ALM and Rational Test Workbench, HPQC etc.
• Experience using, maintaining Test Harnesses / Injectors such as SOAP UI, Rational Integration Tester (among others)
• Experience producing test deliverables such as Detailed Test Plans and Test Outcome Reports
• Experience managing a Test Team, including supporting the growth and development of junior resources and working with resources in IBM Global Delivery
• Experience defining the scope of test through test metrics, test scenarios or requirements traceability matrix and producing test scripts and data requirements
• Experience in testing across the lifecycle and leading one of 2 test phases within complex system integration programmes
• Experience in dependency management, risks and issues management, managing project plans, running Test Governance processes such as Quality Gates.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top