Test Manager - 24 month Fixed Term Hire - Perth
Test Manager - 24 month Fixed term Hire - Perth
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge. We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
We are hiring.
As an Automation Test Lead, you'll use your expertise in the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of automated tests - using appropriate testing tools and techniques - to ensure that applications under test (new and amended) conform to exacting standards. Why? So they'll perform as specified, with any interface, to meet clients' business goals. You'll deliver on that promise with exceptional testing strategies, test plans, test cases, test reports and quality metrics. In this position you will primarily apply your technical skills in an internal or external customer services and implementation environment.
The Automation Test Lead is responsible for building new automated suite of tests as well as maintaining and enhancing the existing suite of tests. This role is also responsible for providing reports, analysis and recommendations based on the test execution results.
Environment: Professional knowledge related to Energy and Utilities Industry function/business unit and its processes.
Communication/Negotiation: Advise other professionals. Effectively utilize group dynamics. Negotiate to define approaches and goals. Lead or join development team in projects to deliver proposed system for client's business requirements.
Problem Solving: Recognize complex problems related to functional objectives. Analyze situations and implement solutions, or develop new system elements, procedures or processes. Creativity and judgment applied to developmental work on different projects within the business environment. Responsible for design application architecture and outline component model specification for team member to implement. Provide industry insights in requirement elicitation. Fast response to POC activities to early assess solution feasibility and risks of architecture design. Technology Evangelist in application test automation and programming.
We are currently recruiting for a Test Manager for a 24 months fixed term contract, based in Perth. Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Work effectively individually and with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Assist in creating test automation solutions for client and/or internal review
- Participate in client meetings to communicate status or give demos
- Evaluate the functional and non-functional requirements for testability and suitability for automation;
- Responsible for providing the effort estimates in an agile environment;
- Responsible for applying automated tools to support the testing of applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle;
- Responsible for developing the test automation strategy and focus specifically on maximizing reuse for regression purposes;
- Responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate automation frameworks;
- Implement the automation strategy via developing, coding and executing automated script using automated tools such as HP UFT, Selenium, VB scripting, Cucumber, Gherkin, SOA Parasoft, QuerySurge, etc.
- Support the test team by recommending tools and processes to automate other test activities, such as test management, reporting, test data generation and defect management;
- Participate in daily automation test reviews to offer insight and ask questions
- Be keenly aware of timelines and budgeting to deliver in a timely manner
- Abide by team coding standards, development processes and best practices
- Hands on experience of delivering test automation programs in the client context for at least 5+ years
- Hands on experience of Test Automation planning for clients
- Hands on experience of reporting progress against plan to the client stakeholders
- Delivered SAP and non-SAP test automation for clients in the past
- Should have used Selenium or similar gui automation tools in the past
- At least 2 years' experience in DevOps environments
- At least 1 year experience with working in an onshore/offshore model;
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top