Telecommunications Sourcing Buyer working with USA
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Procurement's mission at IBM is to ensure the best value is achieved for our clients when doing business through third party suppliers. Procurement's role is critical for the success of the company, as we help deliver new opportunities to IBM, thus expanding the portfolio.
The Procurement Center in Sofia first opened in 2006 joining the big family of IBM Locations in Bulgaria. Today, we offer a full array of Procurement roles, involving supplier selection and negotiations, contracts handling, pricing comparisons, clients support, invoicing and compliance activities for clients and suppliers all over EMEA. In 12 years our employees have grown to handle complex deals and manage the relationship with key major suppliers of IBM.
The Procurement organization at IBM is the one accelerating IBM's journey in being a true Agile company. We are transforming and applying a self-driven approach to every task, looking at increasing the use of automation in our processes in view of clients success.
If you want to work in a team of professionals that are in the center of making IBM service a premium one for clients all over the globe, join us!
If you are looking for ways to upgrade your language skills, master the art of negotiating, work in a global environment, transform processes and receive end to end knowledge of Procurement, this is your way into the IBM world!
This is a varied and busy role providing purchasing support to stakeholders in USA. Working as part of the sourcing team, the buyer will be involved in negotiating and contracting with selected vendors, providing advice and guidance on sometimes complex and sensitive commercial issues, as well as duly documenting all deals into the relevant tools. In addition, the buyer will also help the regional team support and implement the strategies and initiatives set by the Sourcing Council as appropriate. More specific details of the duties involved are provided below.
Procurement professional has the responsibility for achieving best overall value for IBM when acquiring or contracting for goods, services and intellectual property assets. As such Procurement professional's principal responsibilities are to:
• Ensure an effective procurement process is defined and operated;
• Advise and guide business on third party supplier commercial relationships;
• Negotiate contract terms with supplier and liaise with legal staff where appropriate;
• Select suppliers and conduct a fair value determination. Work with the supplier on boarding team to on board new suppliers as and when appropriate;
• Develop process for regular Supplier Performance Measurements and linkage into Procurement Supplier Quality Program, manage feedback to the Supplier as appropriate and ownership of any action plans;
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, to understand and interpret their requirements and longer term strategies to ensure procurement can meet and exceed where possible these requirements;
• Maintain effective audit trails for all sourcing activities;
• Create appropriate contract documentation;
• Establish effective process indicators that demonstrate performance against these measurements.
The preferred candidate would possess:
• Excellent language skills in English language
• Experienced Buyer with a good understanding and appreciation of contracts and ability to manage suppliers;
• Sound commercial judgment and strong negotiation skills;
• Excellent communicator, willing and able to deal effectively with a variety of internal clients and Suppliers at all levels;
• Effective team player. Willing to assist others as/when necessary and able to work to changing priorities and deadlines;
• Able to work on own initiative and manage individual workload.
Additional information: the position is on late / night shifts - 2:00 -11:00 pm
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
At least 2 years experience in supplier relations and commercial negotiations.
Excellent business communication skills
Strong decision-making skills
Sense of ownership, pro-active attitude, ability to work autonomously, time management skills
Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
System knowledge required: MS Excel, SAP
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Master's Degree in Business/Management
Experience in Contract drafting and negotiations
Understanding of the Tech Products cluster commodities is a plus
Understanding of the sourcing process is a plus
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top