Technology Strategy Consultant
Individuals will support Technology Strategy and related Growth Play engagements collecting, analysing and interpreting information as part of a consulting team.
- understand and be able to articulate the mission, purpose and approaches being applied both to their team members and to client staff
- draw upon consulting and technology strategy concepts and methods and collaborate with others to carry out assigned duties
- solve poorly defined questions in a structured way leveraging resources made available such as research documents, frameworks, estimators, public information and IBM expertise
- analyse business and technical issues using agreed methods and techniques to identify root cause issues and solutions as the basis for decision taking
- negotiate with team members and collaborate on approaches to maximise their individual effectiveness and their skill development.
- exhibit high levels of maturity and discretion in working with clients and team members; able to handle non-routine situations and resolve problems and relationship issues
- be accountable for their individual and team results and the need to meet project financial and resource budgets
- support Technology Strategy and Innovation practice development activities
This role requires a proven ability to understand Technology Strategy issues affecting both business and society.
The individual needs to demonstrate the maturity of approach required to be successful in a consulting client relationship.
The successful candidate:
- Can describe current Global Trends and their possible impacts
- Can anticipate Technology impacts with a supporting rationale
- Can describe the attributes of a Trusted Advisor
- Can provide example of strategic insight from their own experience
- Can provide evidence of building business relationships
- Passionate about continuous learning and has examples of how they achieve that
Fluent: Written and spoken English.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to prepare well for each new client situation
- Ability to absorb and structure knowledge quickly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Good breadth and depth of general IT knowledge
- A good appreciation of current IT Operating Models and IT architectures
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship building skills
- Effective written and communication skills at all levels
- Commitment to achieving deadlines and standards of quality
- Understanding of the IBM Growth Play technologies and their impact on business and IT
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience of one or more growth play technologies
- Experience of Agile methods
- Experience of business analysis or modelling
- Experience of IT service management models
- Previous client consulting experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top