Technical Writer - Internship
As a technical writing intern, you will help to create an exceptional experience for our clients by writing, editing, and improving technical documentation for IBM products. You will learn how to create documents in DITA XML, how to write documents in a clear, consice language that follows IBM style guidelines. You will work closely with software developers around the world to gather technical information and guide the user experience. Your daily tasks might also include recording video tutorials for our software, or converting the existing documentation to DITA XML.
- Fluent English, excellent communication skills
- Working towards Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Willingness to acquire highly technical knowledge
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in a clear, consumable language that is appropriate for the target audience
- Attention to details, being able to apply technical language rules and guidelines in writing
- Experience with various communications media
- Willingness to commit to ~20 hours of work per week for 1.5 to 2 years
Nice to have:
- Experience with XML, HTML
- Experience with Camtasia or other video capturing software
- Familiarity with version control systems such as GitHub
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top