IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Testing Service Area in Application Management Services supports Functional and Non-Functional testing for our clients in Canada. We are seeking Technical Tester - Automation to contribute to our client engagements in one or more of the following roles: The right candidate will be responsible to assist in planning, preparing and primarily support automation of testing. This includes knowledge of tools and their implementation for a project. The use of automation tools is for test data creation and maintenance, test execution, and other options. The suitable candidates will have relevant experience of 3-5 years in the IT testing environment and as an automation tester.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical and/or automation testing processes and methodologies.
- Strong overall QA and Testing Knowledge. Should possess deep expertise of Mobile Automation Testing best-practices and commonly used IT testing methodologies.
- Strong demonstrated experience in using HP QTP/UFT for Mobile application automation testing or any other automation tools.
- Provide strategic direction to ensure that the project is supporting the client's vision, goals and objectives.
- Strong experience developing positive and effective relationships at all levels including business, management, and team members
- Be well versed in the structures, processes, and procedures to assist in project delivery.
- Understand the practical application of metrics to help to report on the health and progress of the Project.
- Well versed with Industry standards, testing certifications and drives efforts to bring project into conformance with such standards, facilitates the development, implementation and adherence of testing department standards.
- In-depth software quality assurance experience including demonstrated team work in successfully complex and multi-faceted testing projects.
- Ability to work smoothly and successfully with people of varied experience, skill levels, technical and business savvy, and personality type.
- Excellent communication skills required, including the ability to effectively lead meetings, facilitate solutions, motivate the development team, & create effective documentation.
- Detail oriented multi-tasker with ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands to targeted deadlines.
Education and qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or Software Engineering.
- Formal training for Testing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please see above
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top