Technical Support Specialist (Conversion)
Job Roles and Responsibility :
(A brief but complete statement about the reason for the existence of the job). Job Roles:
A Member of a team comprised of permanent and contract staff in a 24 X 7 multitasking operations environment. Efficiently monitor the delivery of services reliant on Mainframe system & batch streams by providing first level technical support & setting priorities on service delivery for a broad client base across the A G region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor Event Management Console.
- Monitor Batch Console
- Perform initial event determination & source identification.
- Event Management Tool
- Problem / Change Management Tool
- Create Problem Record in client Problem Management Tool and assign to correct Resolve G r oup.
- Monitor relevant planned Changes to the Mainframe systems that may impact event generation.
- Ensure deliveries of agreed response-time SLAs are met.
- Perform process improvement by identifying improvements to tools and functions, document and escalate these to operations Level 2.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of support effort, Conform to business (IBM) controls
- Review and provide update information for operational documentation,
- Assist with the training and mentoring of other Operations personnel,
- Support the practices & procedures of the technical & client accreditation framework
- Respond to rectify/escalate alerts as per guidelines. Prioritize & use resources to minimize outages.
- All problems fully documented & investigated to the limit of skill & available resources
- Implementation of change requests on advice from support
- All changes assigned to the Mainframe Team implemented as per change process & instructions
- Research, analyze, record & implement more efficient quality processes within the Command Centre
- Maintain documentation to a relevant and usable quality
- Contribute to the development of your work practices, skills & capabilities aligned with the objectives of the whole shift
- Provide input to projects, research operational feasibility, participate in project review meetings
Job Requirements & Qualification (skills/experiences): Experience:
Previous Console & Batch Operations experience is preferred
Bachelor or above, major in computer science or engineering;
Incident and Problem Management
Written and verbal communication (English)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Can work on shift and rotation;
Eye for details.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
1 year of working experience in IT industry is preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top