Technical Support Engineer SPSS
This role is working at the forefront of one of IBM's major growth initiatives - IBM Analytics.
Based in IBM Poland Krakow Software Lab, the SPSS Support team provides technical support to our many customers in EMEA. We provide an excellent environment for learning new skills while helping our customers achieve success through our products.
- Work as part of a team to provide remote technical and software application support to IBM's Data Science & Business Analytics (SPSS) customers.
- This is not a Call Centre role, we are looking for confident and technically astute individuals with a strong desire working in a second level support environment facing challenging technical problems.
- Ability to maintain self control while defusing stressful customer situations
- Contribute technical content to the Customer Support Knowledge Base
- Work with experienced analysts, consultants and product development to resolve difficult technical issues.
- Set-up test cases and reproduce complex customer environments.
- Be technically astute and have the ability to quickly pick up new technical skills and concepts. Product training will be provided in the relevant software.
- It is equally important to us that you are customer focused, team oriented and can demonstrate a high level of communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good verbal and written English.
- Proficient level in German/ French/ Spanish.
- Understanding of statistics and preferably experience with statistical applications ie SPSS.
- A Computer Science or a technology related degree.
Also desirable are the following skills:
- An understanding of how to troubleshoot in a technical environment.
- An understanding of programming and application development.
- An understanding of Business Analytics Software.
- Knowledge of MS Windows desktop and server environments
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
- Knowledge of multidimensional database, data warehousing and data mining concepts is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or SQL Server, other OS systems like Unix, Linux is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with HTTP and/or FTP servers, standard Windows desktop applications such as Excel or Access
- Any additional languages
- Excellent grounding for a role in Consultancy, Technical Sales and/or Software Development.
- Become an expert in IBM Software and become IBM certified in various areas.
- EMEA such as Mapfre (Spain), L'Oreal (France), Zurich (Switzerland).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top