Technical Support Analyst
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM, in support of Acoustic, is seeking an enthusiastic, self-starter to join our support team as a Technical Support Analyst (TSA). This position is in a traditional office Monday-Friday. The TSA provides clients with beginner to advanced "front line" telephone, web, chat and e-mail technical support. The TSA demonstrates proven technical expertise and customer service skills to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues. The role also provides walk-throughs for how-to questions with Acoustic Experience Analytics (formerly IBM Tealeaf) Cloud and On-Premise software in a timely manner.
- Respond to, resolve and document all incoming cases reported by customers via phone, web, chat and other support channels as required.
- Provide first line diagnostic/troubleshooting support and technical expertise to answer customer questions, troubleshoot and resolve specific product related issues while maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Provide assistance with explanation of product features and as appropriate assistance with the deployment of product upgrades and software patches.
- Conduct independent research in order to find solutions to customer reported cases. As appropriate, escalate cases to Engineering and track cases through to closure.
- Effectively utilize customer support soft skills to maintain a positive working relationship between IBM and its customers and partners, validated through maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Escalate documented cases promptly to internal teams as required while maintaining ownership of resolution and client communications
- Identify trends across clients, cases and/or teams to initiate proactive measures/processes combatting potential problems
- Develop deep technical understanding and become certified on Acoustic Experience Analytics, with a basic understanding of other software products under Acoustic (Campaign, Content, Personalization, Exchange)
- Apply leadership skills to liaise between clients, client success, product engineering, and offering management teams as the client advocate for issue resolution as well as prioritizing product enhancements and defects. Requires communication skills tailored to the audience at any specific time.
- Prepare FAQ's, upgrade notes, knowledge base articles and other support documents.
- Follow all Support guidelines and processes for case handling.
- Participate in holiday, after-hours and weekend on-call rotation as required
- Assist with other reasonable duties as may be required being adaptable to ever changing business needs
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years technical support experience in an enterprise software company; web applications or analytics software strongly preferred.
- Formal training in web technology and academic understanding of applications and code.
- Understanding of web systems (physical, logical, hardware, software). Understanding of how the different components in a web system fit together and affect each other.
- Proven customer relationship skills.
- Fluency in English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Apache, UNIX/Linux, ASP(X), J2EE, TCL.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- Customer Experience Analytics software exposure a plus
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top