Technical Support Analyst
Looking for an exciting and challenging career?
Seeking to enhance your technical skills and become part of a professional team?
Wanting to develop client-facing skills?
Excited to join a High Tech giant that has been in business for over 100 years, and yet still manages to be on the leading edge.
Want to work with and be mentored by true experts who have been in the game since "Business Intelligence" was invented? Want to become an expert yourself?
Join our fast-paced, diverse and cutting-edge team, IBM Business Analytics Customer Success and Support.
We help organizations of all sizes make sense of information in the context of their business. The Support team is a highly collaborative team where hard work and achievement is both recognized and rewarded.
We are seeking a Technical Support Analyst who is looking for a stimulating and challenging career at IBM.
The analyst is responsible for remote technical support of IBM software and solutions for the Business Analytics business unit across a broad spectrum of IBM Cognos products.
Many of our analysts move onto successful careers in Development, Product Management, or Consulting, others choose to stay within Support organization in consulting, teaching or management roles.
We contribute to the Support department organizational objectives: technical excellence and high customer satisfaction metrics, through a combination of the following behaviours and skills:
- Provide technical assistance to customers using existing knowledge base, through problem determination / trouble shooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Prioritize and understand issues - negotiates with clients as to relative priority.
- Communicates action plans to the customer, and as necessary and appropriate to other internal IBM personnel (Cognos Operations, Management, Development, et al).
- Recommend and/or implement new solutions or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures and processes.
- Provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contribute to early beta testing of new BA (Cognos) releases.
- Create or enhance knowledge assets for the BA Knowledge Base (how to guides, technical notes or similar).
We are seeking top talent individuals with these key characteristics:
- Proven collaboration and problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, and UNIX platforms ideally)
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g., DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Familiarity with web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
Life @ IBM Ottawa:
Head down to our cafeteria where you might find that the recipe for lunch was created by IBM Watson! Get active at the onsite gym - join a yoga session or one of the fitness classes. Take a break in the games room or challenge a colleague to reach the highest score on one of the various game consoles.
Join our new hire group that plans and hosts fun events both internally and in the Ottawa community. Not only is it tons of fun but you can grow your network and be part of change in the workplace!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1+ years experience in Databases e.g., DB2, MS SQL, Oracle
- 6+ months experience in web deployment, CGI applications and servlets
- Ability to work well under pressure
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge or exposure to any other "business intelligence" vendors would be considered an asset
- Experience in a customer facing role
- French: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top