Technical Solutions Architect_Cloud Solutions
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are :
As a Technical Solution Architect, you will work very closely with IBM partners to create Cloud solutions using IBM LinuxONE.
You will develop solution for partners or work with partners to co-create solutions to be taken to clients. Aside from creating solutions and implementing them, you will be talking to various partners and technical audience to enable them on IBM technologies and solutions and help them with PoCs and other technical activities such as hands on exercises etc.
You will work with esteemed technical leaders and business leaders in IBM and in partner organizations in creating solutions and conducting enablement sessions and helping with PoCs.
What you'll do:
- You will work with SIs in this regard to co-create solutions based on RedHat Open Shift and IBM Cloud Paks across the portfolio.
- You will also help SIs with PoCs and pilots and build end to end solutions for the client. You will be the liason between SIs and IBM offering teams and technology SMEs to help drive IBM capabilities as part of the solutions.
- Development of customizable solution offerings covering various SI personas - SI consumable collateral, Frameworks, Accelerators etc..., that are subsequently customized by SIs for their use.
- Creation of Industry Solution accelerators (working with Industry OMs).
- Education, enablement of SIs with new solutions or offerings.
- Support SIs during internal or Client PoCs.
- Support joint technical engagements with Clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10 to 15 years of overall industry experience, a significant part of which should be with IBM Z.
- Extensive solution architecture experience designing cloud solutions for clients.
- Deep skills in Red Hat Open Shift and good knowledge of IBM cloud paks.
- Good knowledge of software ecosystem on Z.
- Good knowledge of DevOps.
- Expertise with Java, Python and Cloud technologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure to IBM Linux One.
- Long term cloud solution exposure.
- Experience with traditional middleware Z software like CICS, IMS, DB2.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top