Technical Solution Architect-IBM Systems
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, rarely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to craft industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by building together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBM'ers get to discover their potential, so they're supported to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBM'er.
Business Unit Introduction
Established in 1996, the IBM Systems Lab is headquartered in India's Silicon Valley and startup hub - Bengaluru, with a strong presence in Pune and Hyderabad. Developers at IBM Systems deliver technology innovations across the entire Systems portfolio - z Systems, Power / OpenPOWER Systems and Storage. The team here works across the entire stack from processor design, firmware, operating system to software defined storage. The lab also focuses on innovations, thanks to the creative energies of the teams.
Who you are:
- As a Technical Solution Architect you will work very closely with IBM partners to define modernization solution "in place" on the mainframe in various focus areas such as API Economy, Z Devops, Analytics, Data modernization or monitoring and administration areas.
- You will develop solution for partners or work with partners to co-create solutions for clients. Aside from building solutions and implementing them.
- You will be talking to various partners and technical audience to enable them on IBM technologies and solutions and help them with PoCs and other technical activities such as hands on exercises etc.
What you'll do:
As a Technical Solution architect for Z you would primarily perform one or more of the following,
- Co-creation of solutions along with partners and IBM teams.
- Crafting of customizable solution offerings covering various personas
- Collateral, Frameworks, Accelerators etc. that are subsequently customized by Partners for their use.
- Creation of Industry solution accelerators
- Education / Enablement of new solutions or new offerings.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team lead love to mentor.
- You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of relevant industrial experience
- Skills in Z System programming / administration.
- Experience with traditional middleware software like CICS, IMS, WebSphere Liberty
- Knowledge of software ecosystem on Z, DevOps tooling, Admin and Monitoring facilities, etc.
- Skills in COBOL, Java as primary programming languages.
- Exposure to DB2 on System Z, and other analytics tools,
- Open ecosystem on Z - Linux on Z, Blockchain
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Prior experience of doing technical solutioning on IBM Z (z/OS based) with clients would be preferred.
- Knowledge of latest technology advancements in Z, such as z/OS Connect,DevOps tools, IzODA , z/OS MF, Blockchain, ICP on Z etc would be preerred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top