Technical Sales Specialist
Do you have an affinity to both sales and technology?
Want to work for a company that put the first man on the moon?
A company that uses analytics to predict natural disasters?
A company that created the first check-out kiosk at the airport?
A company that brought you online shopping for Australia's biggest department stores?
We are defining the cognitive era, and we are just getting started.
What can YOU make with IBM?
IBM is seeking a Technical Sales Specialist for Resiliency Orchestration. As a member of our team, you will support sales productivity and deal progression by securing the "technical close" in complex solutions. In this role, you will collaborate with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
You will be responsible for achieving a signings, revenue and gross profit quota with quarterly objectives determined and agreed to mutually between the individual and management.
An ideal candidate will be a team player with the ability to adopt a leadership role where necessary. You should have technical solution expertise and a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Work deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritising effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assess customers met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimise value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secure input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer and adapt solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Co-ordinate closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers' business requirements.
- Secure from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal's "technical close."
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities with the customer. Collaborate with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Provide first-line technical support for software evaluations and/or pilot projects
- Provide answers to (technical) questions in a Request for Information(RFI) or a Request for Proposal(RFP)
- Create internal software requests and POC implementation plans and monitor the approval process
- Execute simple / standard POCs by themselves and asks for Delivery resources only for non-standard / complex POCs.
- Spanish level: Fluent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of sales or pre-sales technical support experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment
- 8+ years experience presenting and demonstrating business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution
- 8+ years experience translating technical and business requirements into cost-efficient solutions
- 4+ years experience with database techniques for data recovery
- Must have 2+ years of experience selling security protection solutions
- Must have 2+ years of experience and ability to plan and manage the POCs in close coordination with delivery teams
- Demonstrable knowledge of Disaster Recovery as a Service products and offerings
- Demonstrable knowledge of intel and open systems server platforms
- Fluent English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2+ years experience building disaster recovery plans
- 2+ years experience executing disaster recovery plans
- Good knowledge of some of the most common databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, as well as newer in-memory databases).
- Good knowledge of Data Replication Technologies (e.g. SRFD, Global Mirror, etc).
- Good knowledge of Virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Hype-V, etc).
- Good knowledge on multiple OS's (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, etc).
- Knowledge in the emerging technologies including Hadoop, Amazon AWS, etc.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top