Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Manager who is passionate about building products in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company's vision and strategy.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You will have end to product management responsibility of cross-functional projects, including product definition, resource planning and project execution.
- You will also lead the definition and execution of projects aimed at winning in strategic markets, based on deep understanding of market and company strategy
- Partner with cross functional teams to define the product specifications and provide updates on the program.
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will demonstrate hands-on in driving along with engineering the delivery of critical product initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
- Be a Technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- Partner with the development, architecture and design teams in a lead role
- Drive the go to market messaging for your project releases and features
- If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 10+ years' experience and at least one year in hands-on product management role
- Working knowledge in technical expertise, to understand and translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Experience working on private cloud technologies like OpenStack and CloudStack
- Expertise in working on container platforms like Docker and container management technologies like Kubernetes, RedHat OpenShift
- Deep customer empathy and customer-facing experience, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical approaches
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping high-quality software on schedule
- Proficient to capture/document detailed product requirements specifications using standard templates and processes
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- An ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with a creative approach to work
- An intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top