Technical Leader - Cyber Security (AP CoC)
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM's consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM's top technologies. If you're ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking individuals with a passion for transforming clients into a better future and that possess a blend of general business and technology strategy skills. In this role, the Security Specialist Consultant will design, develop and integrate solutions using best practice technologies, tools, techniques and products to defend against web-based or electronic attacks, and protect complex networks and applications targeted at our critical clients. Projects you could be working on relate to Cloud management services, Internet of Things, Mobile development and testing, and enterprise application development and maintenance. This individual may also work as the initial contact in a cross IBM brand opportunity, so they will need to build and manage relationships and have the ability to represent IBM's broad technology strategy capabilities.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Focus on application security and secure engineering capabilities, tools and processes
- Provide application security consulting to the squad and internal development teams on topics such as integration, remediation, testing, etc.
- Contribute to the day-to-day development, implementation, monitoring and operational support of managed solutions and service provider relationships
- Engage in information security projects that evaluate existing security services and propose modifications and additional services and capabilities to meet any gaps identified
- Resolve or escalate issues impacting security services and service adoption
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and develop plans to address
- Assist in the creation of metrics for measuring service success and business value
- Assisting the development of Strategy and Solutions for Business Transformation through Cloud, DevOps, and Lean Startup practices
- Envisioning of future cloud trends, cloud technology solutions, and impact on business value realization
- Anticipating client business and technology needs and objectives
- Building relationships with business leaders internally as well as externally
- Leading external engagement of team through conferences and seminars
- This position may require significant global travel.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- 5+ years of security experience with particular focus on application security, web application security and secure engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in designing and delivering technology transformation, security or Cloud projects
- At least 5 years of experience building relationships with senior leaders (CxO)
- At least 5 years of experience developing project plans
- At least 3 years of experience in a minimum of 2 major industry segments
- At least 2 years experience with cloud computing technologies, such as software, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, containers and serverless
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- At least 3 years experience in one or more of the following security domains:
- At least 2 year experience in Management Consulting and Systems Integration and/or Managed Security Services
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top