Technical Lead Database Administrator
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, "be essential." We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us - you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Watson Health represents a new partnership between humanity and technology. The era of cognitive healthcare is here. It's time to transform health with new ways of working to improve approaches to care, productivity and well-being.
IBM Watson Health's cognitive systems understand, reason and learn - helping to translate information into knowledge that can help drive more informed decision-making. With cognitive computing, we can see and analyze more data than ever before - and achieve more than we ever thought possible.
IBM Watson Health offers complete end-to-end value based solutions to optimize performance, engage consumers, deliver effective care and manage entire patient populations. It provides robust data integration and aggregation competency, risk-stratified analytics, performance measurement reporting, care management and care coordination tools, and patient engagement solutions that help enable every member of the care team to function at the highest level. Our exclusive innovation in cognitive computing enhances and accelerates expertise while facilitating collaboration and containing cost. This translates to a streamlined approach to managing population health for you and your health system.
Who you are:
As a Team Leader for Database Administrator, you will be responsible for all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- You should have ability to track items within a large scale environment and communicate to diverse groups accordingly.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision as well as provide direction and oversight to your team members and application team partners.
- You will work with engineers to determine end solutions for each project by comparing hardware/infrastructure alternatives in conjunction with cost, use, growth, supportability, etc. Works on multiple complex projects.
- You will collaborate with application architects, product managers, business analysts and technical management team to design, develop and document databases, schemas, tables, functions, triggers, procedures, relationships and other necessary aspects of the database.
- Responsible for the configuration and implementation of complex monitoring tools for reporting and alerts on significant application and system level events.
- Creates and designs database structures and standards to meet project deliverables. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- This role guides a team in providing services in a client, multi-vendor, multi-protocol complex network/systems environments.
- Interacts frequently with clients, vendors and management to ensure high level of client satisfaction. Acts as technical resource and point of escalation for team members.
- Engages in identifying and resolving complex problems relating to product/service installation, update, configuration, operations, performance, or other aspects of information technology products and services. Possesses an in-depth knowledge of technical solutions and management tools.
- Opportunity to work with IBM Technologies & tools that integration between systems
- Technical & customer oriented
- Working with peer towers for technical support and collaborate with customer
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 9+ years of experience leading and supporting production databases.
- Experience in Oracle 10g/11g/12c Database Administration, Upgrades.
- Experience in Query Tuning and Performance Optimization
- Experience in Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration, support, reporting.
- Hand on experience Oracle Enterprise Manager(OEM) Automatic Workload Repository(AWR) / Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) /GRID a required.
- Experience in Oracle Data Guard and Standby/Failover Administration
- Experience in DB Ops Automation, Alert and Monitoring, Backup and Restore
- Hands on experience in Data Modeling and design
- Experience in managing high performing teams and databases
- Ability to handle diverse situations and rapidly changing priorities with deadlines
- Exposure to DB2, SQL Server database technology
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Desired experience in Oracle RAC & ASM Administration
- Experience in PL/SQL Procedure and Package Development
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, providing technical guidance to team members
- Demonstrated service excellence at a senior level
- Attention to detail, initiative and set high standards
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top