Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
Roles and Responsibilities
- A major part of the work will be installing and configuring the IBM Algo solutions, setting up data interfacing with source systems, building batch processing streams, as well as technical troubleshooting
- Customizations or configuration changes may be required that involve code or script development, database configuration, data modeling, report generation and performance testing and optimization
- Define and specify the technical architecture and design of the IBM Algo solution to be implemented and scope the technical configuration, interfacing and enhancement work in conjunction with project managers, business analysts and senior engineers
- Provide technical consultancy and documentation for clients describing the system and its customizations based on solid understanding of the IBM Algo product suite and implementation requirements
- Design and implement interfaces between clients' source systems and IBM Algo products
- This will largely involve the IBM Algo data mapping tool and definition of data required from the clients' systems
- Design, develop and implement customized modules using a range of development tools
- Conduct troubleshooting, testing (functional and volume) for original installation and system upgrades, and support clients' integration testing and acceptance testing activities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with risk management (market risk/credit risk in commercial or treasury environment), financial analytics and market data
- Experience implementing IBM Algo Market Risk and/or Counterparty Credit Risk solutions at South African banks is an advantage
- Hands-on development experience using (e.g.) VB, Perl, Java, shell script and familiarity with web based delivery, and components such as Websphere, Apache, Tomcat, or Weblogic
- Strong command of Unix / Linux, including shell scripting and file system navigation
- Understanding of database essentials (including SQL, installation, sizing, performance)
- Experience in systems interfacing and/or data migration between systems using mapping
- Proven experience of project life cycles and complex product installation, customization and interfacing
- English: Fluent
- University degree in the field of Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Mathematics or other technical discipline
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Advanced degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top