Technical Delivery (DDI) Manager - Watson Health
IBM's management leaders and consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM's market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Watson Government Health and Human Services is currently searching for a Technical Delivery Manager to join our team.
* Must be able to travel weekly or relocate to Madison, Wisconsin
As the Technical Delivery Manager, you are responsible for the D esign, Development, and Implementation ("DDI") of analytic, business intelligence and enterprise data warehouse solutions for Watson Health Government Health and Human services agency clients.
Responsibilities include implementation planning, staffing and overseeing the business analyst, technical and testing teams building and delivering IBM Watson Health solutions. You will ensure that deliverables and functionality are implemented to meet contract requirements on time and on budget while enforcing organizational and technical delivery excellence best practices.
You will interact directly with the customer, account/contract management, and third-party vendors to ensure your work is successful while providing executive status on key performance metrics to internal/external stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Senior technical resource responsible for leading a team designing, developing and operating Watson Health solutions for government health and human services client agencies. Responsible for delivering operationally ready solutions as defined by the scope of work and/or operating the solution by meeting agreed upon service level commitments.
- Develop a clear understanding of the business goals and technical requirements needed to successfully deliver against project objectives, including cost, quality and schedule. Act as their team's 'one point of contact' for client interaction and technical delivery management. This role works directly with the customer, account/contract management, and third-party vendors to ensure each project is successful.
- Effectively communicates with and develops/maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Contribute to and approve technical delivery responses - solution work effort sizing, solution architecture, work plan, staffing strategy
- Implement and continually improve processes for delivering analytic, business intelligence and enterprise data warehouse solutions
- Represents delivery management during sales opportunities (pre-sales, sales, orals, etc.)
- Lead peer reviews at major milestones to ensure adherence to standards and to identify issues/concerns/gaps
- Communicate technical and solution delivery options concepts to client as needed
- Provide leadership and guidance for Operations and Maintenance activities (e.g. break/fix work, knowledge transfer, etc.)
Successful Candidates will possess the following:
- Medicaid, MMIS or related experience with a state agency
- Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), analytics or business intelligence solutions delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with technical teams, delivery managers, project management, client management and customer stakeholders.
To learn more about what we are doing please check us out:
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 7+ years managing delivery of enterprise data warehouse, analytics or business intelligence solutions; including staffing, directing and developing technical delivery teams within both agile and Waterfall development life-cycles.
- 7+ years Health and Human Services (Medicaid, MMIS, claims or related) project experience
- Ability to translate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Proven track record of organization, planning, and project management skills
- Industry-leading knowledge and depth with reporting and analytic solution development best practices and application development best practices.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor degree in related field to role
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top