Technical Business Analyst
Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern software deployment practices? Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical services at scale? Are you a quick thinker? Do you like to work in a highly collaborative environment? If so, please read on.
The IBM CIO organization is looking for a Technical / Business Analyst for the Collaboration team with strong knowledge of IBM Connections or similar (SharePoint, G-Suite, Jive) and other Collaboration applications, like Mail, Meetings, Instant Messaging. The Technical / Business analyst would play a leadership role in the Tribe using Business Process Leadership and Technical Leadership to help guide and shape the future of Collaboration applications used internally including IBM Connections. Experience using agile methodologies is a plus.
The team plays a major role in delivering technology to the IBM intranet for Collaboration applications. In this fast paced and expanding organization, we foster an environment of continuous innovation and working in agile teams, particularly in this instance co-located in the Southbury, CT Agile Space.
• Act as a stakeholder for all IBM employees while working with the other leaders of the tribe to define the Collaboration Solution for Internal IBM
• Guide the technical team while balancing Business Requirements and the technical solution to provide a highly available application
• Assist the technical team in making Architectural Designs in the IBM Cloud Infrastructure
• Be a leader for the Tribe in Agile Practices
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
A day in the life at IBM
• Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with the Tribe Leadership Team - all while being based out of our Southbury, CT Agile Space.
• Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
Staying relevant to emerging trends in areas related to Collaboration Applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in in leading in a team environment
• Understanding of Infrastructure Components such as servers, network, front end load balancers
• Working Knowledge of software products like Websphere, WAS, IHS, DB2, Linux and VMWARE
• Basic understanding of Cloud Hosting OpenStack Software components such as Docker, Kubernetes, Node.js, MongoDB
• Working knowledge of software development life cycle & associated tools such as Jira and GitHub
• Basic Understanding of Trello and Mural
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with IBM Cloud Deployments
- Experience using agile methodologies
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top