Technical Architect: Hybrid IT Application Platform
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. Joining IBM is about joining a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
We at IBM Global Business Services (GBS) are a dynamic group of Business, Strategy and Technology professionals - a specific source of market-leading Industry Consulting, Application and Business process management, supported by the industry's most sophisticated outcome-based delivery model. All designed to be the Digital Reinvention partner for leading clients across the world - providing value-led and asset-powered end to end solutions.
With a global footprint in over 170 countries, we are empowering clients to build upon their tremendous heritage in Application Innovation processes and also transform them to a Cloud, Cognitive and Social centric world. With skills across six sectors and 17 industries, all major service lines and competencies, IBM's GBS is a promising business unit in itself to be a part of.
Through our unique global delivery network; IBM offers global expertise coupled with a deep understanding of local capabilities, markets and cultures you could be part of and partner on some great projects with some of the best corporations in the world across geographies.
Your day in the role will include...
- Providing technical consulting bases of solution application enablement for AWS / IBM / Azure cloud (e.g. application which are cloud native, cloud enabled, transform to cloud) guidance along with adoption of client cloud strategies, process, standards and an enablement roadmap for client, focusing AWS cloud (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS capability).
- Responsible for collaborating on and setting cloud vision, providing thought leadership in cloud infrastructure and cloud services architecture to meet operational objectives for cloud solutions.
- Evaluate Application Portfolios of Large and Complex organizations and Develop Modernization Portfolios and Investment Strategy. Envision, design, and communicate the global IT target landscape needed to support the digital transformation to IT staff and C-level management.
- Assisting in defining Cloud Application Services portfolio of offerings & Provide leadership to bring new offerings to the market.
- Lead teams of consultants on a large &complex engagement. Willingness and humbleness to mentor developers and engage hands-on in development teams.
- Develop integrated project and program plans, including defining achievements and dependencies for client pursuits. Assist with financial modeling and business case development for Cloud Application engagements.
- Extensive experience in drawing proposals and presenting design and strategy concepts to C-level executives
- Supports development of frameworks, standard methodologies, various cloud patterns available for cloud service providers in space of PaaS and SaaS.
- Leadership skill to drive client benefits model for a desired cloud adoption e.g. pain vs. gain analysis, trade-off analysis for on-premise and off-premise cloud
- Strong management skill to get architects and designers along with his/her team to thrive client success
- Should have prior experience on working as a Client Architect
- Consulting with clients as a cloud technology evangelist around Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ability to deliver end-2-end consulting solution for AWS/Azure/IBM Cloud for large client or internal engagements.
- Strong knowledge on enterprise architecture and system engineering
- Guides in method, process, standards, standard methodologies for application transformation into various cloud services (e.g. AWS, IBM Cloud, Google, Softlayer, Rackspace, Azure etc.)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Expertise in business requirement gathering sessions, capturing user data requirements, understanding the user requirements, and assisting in the reconciliation of technical and business requirements as they relate to the cloud
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top