IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, businesses extract critical insights and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Business Unit Introduction:-
IBM Sales & Distribution develops, integrates, sells and distributes IBM's unparalleled array of products and services. IBM offers its products through its global organizations. Consistent with IBM's focus on business values, the company's global team of account representatives combines a deep understanding of each client's organizational and industry specific needs with comprehensive knowledge of the products, technologies and services offered by IBM and its network of business partners.
Who you are:
- As a Sales Reporting CoE Technical Architect, your responsibility includes defining, prototyping and recommending the technology solutions, detailing the implementation design and identifying interfaces with other products for integration.
- Abreast of latest technologies & tools and ability to evaluate and select appropriate tools and technologies as per the requirements
- Define implementation approaches, algorithms and code structure to meet the requirements. This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
What you'll do:
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills- Generalist technical knowledge within department and working knowledge of major system component interactions.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Generalist understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
- Be the technical evangelist for the project and provide technical leadership to project teams and stakeholders.
- Captures both functional and non-functional (i.e., life cycle cost, performance, and/or flexibility, scalability, security) business requirements on how the system should work over time.
- Oversee, develop, and implement holistic solution architectures for homogenous problem domains from both a business and technical perspective.
- Performs solution definition of a problem domain. Designs overall system and solution architecture, system integration, and implementation strategy.
- Generates conceptual/logical architectures, system documents, testing analyzes, test plans, and risk assessments.
- Mentor employees who want to pursue an architecture career path.
- Should have excellent attention to high quality and drive it in all projects
- Should participate in design reviews/Code reviews and troubleshooting within and outside his/her project team
- Good Understanding of DevOps practices.
- Should involve in design diagrams, technical specifications and documentation
- Write high-quality components with emphasis on security, performance, and scalability
- Participate actively and contribute to design and development discussions
- Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions for specific requirement
- Groom junior team members as and when necessary
- Experience with Continuous Integration and code quality improvement tools
- Should be able to handle multiple tasks
- Evaluate and learn new technologies quickly and rollout to development teams
- Understand the existing systems, and come up with ideas on the Modernization
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence.
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of development experience in:
- Core Java / J2EE: Advance Level
- Oracle/MySQL, Web Services (SOAP & REST), Interoperability Standards(JSON, API Management, XML) , Micro Services
- Architecting, Designing and Developing different reusable components
- AWS Cloud
- Mobile app development
- SQL/ PL SQL
- Tuning of Java/J2EE products and suggest improvements
- Web technologies: Angular JS, Node.JS, AJAX, Bootstrap
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Any Statistical Package (SAS, SPSS, Minitab, R), Cognos BI (Report Studio).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top