Tax-Experienced Transfer Pricing/Operational Professional
IBM is seeking candidates to join its U.S. transfer pricing and valuation practice. Transfer pricing is a multi-disciplinary sub-specialty supporting International Tax Services, State and Local and Tax Effective Supply Chain Management and Controversy groups. IBM is a globally integrated enterprise that targets the intersection of technology and effective business.
This is a challenging and fast paced position that requires a candidate to understand financial reports and prepare financial and economic analyses of inter-company transactions involving cross border flows of goods, services and intangible property.
Lead transfer pricing projects to successful completion:
- Develop financial models to determine intercompany prices, royalty rates and other cross-border charges;
- Perform economic and financial analyses in support of business decisions;
- Assist in preparing audit analyses, support audit-ready files and draft memorandums/reports, as appropriate;
- Work with and understand complex accounting data residing in multiple systems such as planning, accounting, and internal measurement systems (e.g., can analyze and understand Hyperion, OneSource and/or similar accounting ledger data);
- Take a leadership role for inter-company matters with accounting, financial planning and external reporting foreign controllers, business managers and tax departments;
- Assist in drafting memorandums and reports describing transactions, analyses performed and conclusions;
- Interact with tax and business executives, present transfer pricing planning strategies, answer technical questions, accounting and ledger questions, or other business information required for transfer pricing studies.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree (BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar disciplines) and Master's Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or CPA (or equivalent similar professional designation)
- At least 7-8 years of experience in Tax/Accounting/Finance with understanding of business models, and financial statements
- Demonstrate ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills and focus on detail
- Strong financial modeling skills and ability to extract and interpret data from various internal systems (proficient in MS Tools specifically Excel, should be comfortable with Pivot Tables)
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), decision-making, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Master's Degree in Accounting/Finance and/or CPA (or equivalent similar professional designation)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top