IBM Tax is seeking an experienced Tax Professional with a minimum of 5-8 years of tax controversy experience.The role supports the Vice President and Senior Tax Counsel to execute IBM's tax audit and litigation strategy.The ability to communicate complex accounting and tax concepts to senior management and external stakeholders also necessary.
- Prepare and/or review responses to audit inquiries including Information Document Requests and Notices of Proposed Adjustments
- Assist with the development and execution of overall tax audit strategy to effectively manage risk
- Work with global tax strategy and tax compliance colleagues as well as service providers in resolving complex tax positions
- Research and analyze relevant tax law and regulations
- Assist in reviewing and documenting transactions, and prepare audit support files
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5-8 years tax controversy experience
- Demonstrate ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Excellent time management, communication (verbal and written), decision-making, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills
- JD necessary
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 8+ Years of Tax Controversy Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top