Talent Strategy Leader
This role is to fill a Talent Strategy Leader (TSL) role within the Cognitive Solutions Portfolio. The TSL serves critical business segments, working with a dedicated client base within an area of the Cognitive Solutions Portfolio of IBM (Research, W&CP, Watson Health, Watson IoT, WCE, Security, Industry Platforms, ICS, TMS). The role will support the Industry Platforms Unit. The TSL uses business acumen and analytical expertise to identify issues, design solutions, implement initiatives, define metrics, and quantify impact to enable clients in making informed business decisions that intentionally address talent management priorities.
Programs focus in the areas of employee experience, workforce planning, retention, performance management, career and professional development, skill and role development, and expertise management. Candidate should have a background in Human Resources and specialized in talent management and work will span the breadth of the talent organization, and the ideal candidate should be a self-starter, and able to bring forward new and innovative thoughts and ideas to drive change in a challenging, and fast paced organization.
The candidate would be leading the below talent activities for Industry Platforms
- • Employee engagement initiatives including Top Performer retention strategies (10%) - Responsible for devising & deploying a wide variety of activities ranging from mentoring programs, learning & development initiatives, winning days, leadership round tables, etc.
- • Employee value segmentation strategy (5%) - As part of the employee value segmentation activity, the TSL would devise strategies to segment employee population using combination of analytics and input from the unit leaders and would deploy customized talent solutions to each segment of employees
- • Skill Value Framework (5%) - Responsible for deploying & maintenance of the Skill Value Framework within the unit in terms of ensuring accurate employee Job Role Specialty tagging, discussions with business leaders to finalize unit demands by Lines of Business, maintaining the unit skill shortlist role specialties and reviewing the market scarcity data associated with the role specialties.
- • Critical Skill Gap Identification & Closure activities (10%) - Work with senior business leaders within the unit to identify areas of critical skill gap, measure the depth of skill gap using various skills tools within IBM, highlight key focus areas, developing learning roadmaps to address the skill gap areas by band for employees and closure of identified gaps within the pre-agreed upon timeframe. This would also require extensive knowledge about Expertise Manager, MYCA (My Career Advisor) and Enterprise profession tracks
- • Career Velocity strategies (5%) - Work with the unit teams to devise and deploy various career velocity strategies including internal bluematching process using IBM SPSS modelling, manager & leader enablement, employee enablement and career velocity dashboard updates to leadership to drive momentum
- • Manager Enablement sessions for a diverse range of talent initiatives (10%) - Responsible for creating content, planning and deployment of a series of manager enablement sessions on topics ranging from high performance teams, career & skills, diversity and many more within the unit
- • Span & Layers - Organizational Simplification actions (5%) - Proactively monitoring the span of control for managers within the unit and number of layers and work together with line leadership to drive corrective actions where appropriate
- • Performance Management Initiatives (5%) - Deploy performance management strategies to address low performance within the unit as a combination of corporate driven activities and unit specific activities
- • Rewards & Recognition Framework (5%) - Drive usage of various rewards & recognition activities within IBM by working with HR Leadership teams to ensure usage of the same in line with our priority skill areas
- • Fall & Spring Planning for the units (5%) - Lead the Spring and fall planning cycles from a HR/Talent perspective working with various stakeholders in Talent Acquisition, Diversity & Inclusion, Finance, etc to prepare the detailed forward-looking talent plan for the unit
- • Talent Reporting & Analytics (5%) - Prepare comprehensive talent review dashboards which includes metrics related to headcount, hiring, attrition, skills, career velocity, learning, achievement of skill badges, diversity metrics, etc
- • Deployment of Compensation actions based on unit priorities (5%) - Partner with HR Leader and Compensation Team to identify priority areas based on hot skills for the units and top performance and enable deployment of various compensation actions with a focus on the pre-identified population.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 Years Talent Partner/Specialist experience.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 5 Years Talent Partner/Specialist experience.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top