Talent Acquisition Manager – Public Sector
At IBM, our purpose is to be essential. Our Talent vision is to revolutionize recruiting by extending the limits of domain expertise, personalized experience & cognitive solutions. Our vision allows differentiation, innovation and expertise to adapt and deliver outcomes that yield results for 21st century recruiting.
We are actively seeking a Senior Recruiting leader for our US GBS Public Service business. Reporting to the NA GBS Talent Acquisition Leader, you will be responsible for developing and executing the talent acquisition strategy for the ~$1.8 billion US GBS Public Service business in consultation with the key business unit stakeholders. This business unit serves US Federal as well as State & Local clients. Significant recruiting experience AND proven success in these markets, including cleared resource recruiting, technical skill recruiting, business development recruiting, and leadership level recruiting are requirements. Demonstrated success in developing diverse slates of candidates and closing with diverse candidates are also requirements for this leadership role. In addition, a proven track record with respect to successful team leadership, management and measurement is required.
The following responsibilities constitute the scope of this role:
Ø Develop the strategy
Ø Execute the strategy
Ø Deliver against the business unit diversity goals
Ø Lead and the team
Ø Collaborate with the business unit leaders
Ø Report on progress, issues and solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5- 7 years leading recruiting for a major competitor in Public Service area.
• 7+ years recruiting in the government services market.
• At least 2 years leading a recruiting team for a $1.5bn+ government services business including cleared resources
• An understanding of technology trends and experience recruiting technical talent
• At least 2 years developing, executing and refining a candidate attraction and sourcing strategy focused on diverse candidates. Proven track record of success hiring diverse candidates at all levels.
• Background in HR, Communications and or marketing is a plus
• Background of government service is a plus
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Capable of executing and delivering a desired future state (vision) through influence on what we value, individual and group goals, execution of plans, value reinforcements, and systems
• Deep understanding of and ability to utilize analytics & creative talent practices to drive business results, including impacting labor costs, retention, performance management and engagement
• Presenting ideas effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to motivate and encourage both direct and indirect organizations through effectively articulating the opportunities and challenges throughout the organization.
• Able to establish external relationships with the aim of building a robust partnership ecosystem. Able to differentiate and actively spot industry trends, repositioning as necessary.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top