Tactical Buyer (Fluent Dutch)
Tactical buyers assist specific commodity towers within the General Procurement organization with transactional activities. Specific tasks will be dictated by the commodity being supported and could include assistance with supplier evaluation; cost savings reporting or ensuring that spend is routed through core suppliers. Negotiations with suppliers may be required within limits specified by commodity strategy.
Main Responsibility Areas
• Gathering and comparison of quotes from selected suppliers.
• Selection of supplier for specific requirements based on pre-defined value criteria and/or supplier lists.
• Negotiations with suppliers based on criteria specified by specific commodity council strategy.
• Resolution of commodity specific queries from Requesters or Operations Buyers.
• Ensure that cost savings achieved though tactical sourcing activity is accurately recorded.
• Represent transactional / tactical sourcing issues on commodity council conference calls as applicable.
• Ensure that Operations Buyers are aware of commodity specific information / instructions through up to date sourcing plans.
Main Contacts / Clients
Sourcing buyers, OPS buyers, Suppliers, requesters, Accounts payable, PCC, PASC Agents, Management (Direct)
Participates as individual contributor to team usually is specialist in certain commodities. Performs and/or coordinates day-to-day activities to meet saving metrics. Can develop and implement recommendations. Direct responsibilities for supplier quality, operational measurements. Carries out variety of complex activities according to plan within broader area of responsibility, analyses problems. Decision making affecting own work. This may be on an EMEA, regional or an individual country basis and may involve liaison with requesters, core suppliers and sourcing buyers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent English
- Fluent Dutch
- Apply communication skills
- Apply leadership skills, good coordination skills
- Perform time management
- The candidate must have a working knowledge of a global council strategy within a large corporation and have a background in one or more of the following indirect categories: Technical/Professional Services; Facilities Maintenance/Design/Construction; MRO; Telecommunications; Business Services; Marketing Communications; Travel; IT and Business Equipment; Facilities Services and Operating Supplies; or Logistics.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- MS Office, Ariba, and SAP knowledge is a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top