Systems Programmer-DB2 z/OS Support
This role performs installs, moves, adds and changes. They do not perform problem determination, maintenance and repairs. The employee leads technical support or the business processes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Knowledge in the maintenance application to the product through SMP/ E
• Experience in the identification and application of actions required by installation of maintenance to the product
• Experience in installation / migration of DB2 zOS subsystems to new versions
• Experience in parameterizing the DB2 zOS product
• Experience in performance analysis of the DB2 zOS subsystem
• Experience in the exploitation of SMF records
• Experience in tuning the DB2 zOS subsystem
• Experience in the use of DB2 zOS utilities
• Experience in the use of DB2 Data Sharing
• Experience in using monitor for DB2 zOs
• Experience in backup and recovery of the subsystem
• Experience in support for tasks related to DBA
• Ability to determine problems presented by the DB2 subsystem
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
TSO, JCL, DB2 zOS Administration Tools
• Basic knowledge of mainframe storage management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top