Systems Programmer: Mainframe and Storage
Your Role and Responsibilities
Systems Programmer: MF DBDC (DB2, CICS, IMS, MQ for ZOS)
Job description The role is DB2, CICS, IMS, MQ system programmer who will responsible DB2, CICS, IMS, MQ for z/OS platform support. Job responsibilities includes but not limit to:
Base activities : DB/DC
- Support product: DB2 for z/OS, CICS, IMS and those related products
- Coordinate and/or perform installation, maintenance and upgrades of current, licensed DBDC system software.
- Apply maintenance to correct outstanding problems in supported products.
- Coordinate the diagnosis and resolution of DBDC system software problems as appropriate. This service includes researching, identifying, implementing and testing DBDC system software fixes on a timely basis. Problems and/or dumps deemed to be the result of application code will be turned over to the appropriate AD/M group for resolution.
- Confirm that the subsystems/regions that DBDC supports meet applicable security policies.
- Provide required support for hardware, operating system, and related program products upgrades.
- Implement DBDC subsystem parameters and definitions affecting performance, capacity and usability.
- Participate in the problem/change process.
- Support Disaster Recovery tests if the services are included in the contract.
- Support approved DBDC system decommissioning activities.
- 24x7 on call support.
Base activities : Middleware Software Support
- Support Product: Websphere MQ on z/OS
- Configure WMQ subsystem and system resources
- Manage active logs, archived MQ logs, and other systems datasets
- Support the system Dead Letter Queue (DLQ) and system DLQ Handler
- Determine channel settings (SSLCIPH, SSLPEER, SSLCAUTH) to use
- Perform root cause analysis of defects identified
- Apply appropriate permanent fixes, patches, maintenance and upgrade
- Maintain appropriate Middleware systems documentation
- Apply application required configuration changes
- Perform 'housekeeping' log file rotation, pruning, and archiving
- Conduct security compliance activities as per customer-IBM agreed security policies
- 24x7 on call support.
1. Operating skill of z/OS platform: ISPF, JES2, SDSF, VSAM, JCL,REXX, CLIST, etc.
2. Understanding system capacity and performance tuning, like parameter tuning.
3. Understanding of basic MiddleWare and applications
4. Proven skills on 3rd-Party products for DB2, CICS, IMS for ZOS, such as CA, BMC will be an advantage
1. Bachelor's Degree, prefer with Information, Technology or computing science major.
2. At least 3 years proven working experience on DB2, CICS, IMS or MQ for ZOS platform.
3. Good written and verbal English.
4. Good interpersonal skills.
5. Self-motivated and able to work independently
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top