Systems Engineer/Cloud Architect
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM is transforming to lead. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. Use breakthrough Cognitive computing to help analysts support clients' missions, businesses extract critical insights, doctors transform patient care, bankers reduce risk, and clinicians diagnose and treat rare pediatric diseases. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
ACTIVE TS/SCI Clearance required
The IBM Systems Engineers and Architects are revolutionizing the industry by working to enable the world to confidently store, distribute, access and leverage unstructured content at massive scale - to accelerate digital transformation within enterprises around the world! Our cutting edge, proven technology has been recognized by a number of top analysts, most recently garnering more #1 positions than any other vendor in Gartner's Critical Capabilities for Object Storage 31 March 2016. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the stellar people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.
IBM currently has numerous openings for cleared Systems Engineers and Cloud Architects with varying levels of experience to support our clients in the National Capital Region. As an IBM Systems Engineer / Architect you will support the development and implementation of cost effective solutions and their supportive systems to meet our customers' objectives.
ACTIVE TS/SCI Clearance required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with engineers, software developers, and end-users to design, implement, and maintain customers' application systems and IT infrastructure for highly complex systems
- Create IT system architecture concepts, implement approved designs, and evaluate new changes to current architecture
- Work to develop and maintain, and enhance existing systems, and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems
- Analyze functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities
- Work with customer-base through industry leading DevOps practices and end-user focused design to iteratively solve difficult customer challenges
- Design wire frames of GUIs and workflows using industry proven open source tools
- Analyze systems and perform usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirement
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
(2252) PSHJ GBSTSSCI TSSCICI18
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Amazon Web Services Working Experience with C2S, DI2E, GovCloud
- Big Data Applications (Hadoop HDFS, Accumulo, Spark, Streaming, Kafka, Cassandra)
- Development Operations and related tools (JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- DoD/IC experience with systems engineering in the process areas of Architecture, Requirements, Portfolio Management, or User Engagement
- Demonstrated experience providing support to all aspects of system development from analysis of needs to verification of system performance
- Awareness and use of key community reference models/frameworks (DoDAF, JARM, FEA-CRM)
- Experience in the following technologies/languages ats (Desired)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- Development Operations and related tools (JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- AWS EMR, S3, EC2 and other related managed services
- Experience with iterative development and software CM processes and tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top