Systems Engineer with PowerShell
Within this role as a System Engineer you are responsible to develop the infrastructure part of the project which is a world wide used system. You develop & maintain tools for automation, monitoring and deployment. You will be in close co-operation with system administrators in order to provide fast & precise service. Your responsibilities will be to design and implement new features, solve upcoming issues and consultancy with infrastructure team.
Professional knowledge related to incumbent's department or function.
Engaged as an independent professional. Ability to articulate and compare alternatives approaches. Negotiate with specified objectives.
Recognize problems related to project objectives. Creativity and judgment applied to professional technical, or operational problems. Independently generates solutions, based on analytical skills & business knowledge. Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes to enhance and
improve or develop complementary adjustments /solutions.
Works on special projects, or leads small teams, or manages routine technical/ operational activities or departments (national or international). Understands departmental mission and vision. Provides advice in technical/operational domain of specialization. Generally controls own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs.
Impact on Business/Scope:
Accountable for individual or team, or department results, and for the impact of the results on functional activities. Participates in overall departmental program planning. May have budgetary responsibility. Contributes by supporting activities that are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact immediate costs or expenses.
What we expect:
• Deep knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell Scripting Language (create/maintain scripts, modules, objects, cmdlets, etc.)
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server T-SQL and Database design (create queries, performance analysis)
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 or higher (services, tasks)
• Basic knowledge of VMware & Veeam Backup & Replication (infrastructure, administration, applications)
• Basic knowledge of Citrix, XenApp, XenDesktop (infrastructure, applications)
Nice to have:
• Active Directory, DNS, IIS
• Certificates - (CAs), PowerCLI
• Citrix snapin for Powershell
• problem analysis & solving
• logical thinking
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• 5 weeks of paid vacation
• Relocation assistance in the amount of 15.000 CZK paid according to Relocation Assistance Policy (this package is conditional)
• Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
• Strong career opportunities
• Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
• Above standard Medical Care
• Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
• Global Travel and Life insurance
• Contribution to the Pension fund
• IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
• Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
• Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
• Benefit from mentoring and coaching
• Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you within 14 days.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top