Aspera, an IBM company is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera's core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
High-profile users include James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment who relied on Aspera software for moving massive visual effects files across continents during the production of Avatar, Netflix who receive all their video content directly to their cloud infrastructure via Aspera On Demand and BGI, the world's largest genome research organization where Aspera solutions are used to enable global collaboration between scientists across the globe.
Aspera is looking for a Systems Architect to join our team. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to design, build and scale solutions that affect millions of users and broadcasters. You will provide technical leadership, architectural guidance, and mentorship to your team and work closely with other cross-functional teams to design and implement the next generation of Aspera's offerings, and be a key driver of the team's technical and operational excellence.
- Work with engineering managers, product managers, technical leads and other engineers to architect, design, develop, and deliver products that positively impact our business
- Collaborate within and outside of the team to clarify product requirements and align on technical vision and execution
- Architect, design and develop enterprise-grade solutions technical solutions that: Meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, security, and reliability providing realistic implementation schedules while adhering to company's architectural standards and principles.
- Integrate with a variety of protocols (e.g. MQ, SOAP, Rest, ICAP...)
- Help get the Web-interface to the next level, by refining usability and interactivity of the application.
- Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 8+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of application or platform architecture experience with deep technology expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Extensive experience on architecture design and development of scalable platforms and applications
- Capability to architect highly-scalable distributed systems
- Strong service development experience using microservices with high performance and scalability
- Successful track record of leading architecture work for large-scale projects that represent broad strategic initiatives meeting quantifiable business objectives and resulting in tangible impact for the organization
- Experience in the Media and Entertainment industry a plus.
- Has provided technical leadership (Architecture, Design, Development oversight) and team leadership (planning, collaboration, conflict resolution, driving results) on both small (12 man-month) and large(>30 man-year) sized technology projects
- Hands-on development expertise with Object Oriented Technology. Ruby / RoR experience a big plus OR C/C++/Java.
- Hands on development experience with rich user interface technologies.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top