Systems Administrator:Windows (conversion)
Job Roles and Responsibilities
• New server build • Server refreshment / migration
• Perform regular security tasks: Patch, Health Check, Vulnerability Scan...etc.
• Handle incident tickets and service requests for Solaris, Linux, Windows servers • Solve problems when happened and provide management report
• Support customer's high availability and disaster recovery environment if any
• Maintain Information repository and team room documents • Meet requirements of the on-call roster as assigned, being available to respond in time to meet the minimum criteria laid down for Severity 1 & 2 problems within the customer's Service Level Agreements.
- Able to work on flexible hours and responsible for 24x7 on-call/standby
• Strong knowledge of managing and maintaining the Operating Systems(one or more platforms)
- Capable to build a new system according to the Tech specification, upgrade the OS patches, and build the repository as the Operating System requires.
- Knowledge with High availability and Disaster recovery process and implementation.
• Optionally with experience of developing automation and enterprise infrastructure environment.
• Certification on RHCE/AIX/VCP/VIO/Microsoft/Network will be a plus Non-Technical Skills: • Good English reading and writing skill is a must and good oral English will be a plus; • Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Excellent team work
Required: • Bachelor's Degree • At least 5 years experience as System Administrator role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top