Systems Administrator - Unix (Melbourne)
- Permanent position, based in Melbourne
We don't sell tabulating machines, laptops or intel servers anymore - we're a new IBM, and possibly not like you imagined. For a start, we use MAC's (yes, really!), and our leaders wear jeans. We apply design thinking - and have the post-its to prove it. We enable startups to grow, and are transforming healthcare - we're even curing disease! We are defining the cognitive era. And this is just the beginning. What can YOU do with IBM?
We are looking for a Systems Administrator (Unix) to join our team in Melbourne. This person will be r esponsible for working as part of a team to deploy Unix servers, as well as assisting with solution design and solution QA.
What will I be doing?
- Install, configure and customise the Installation of Linux enterprise distributions and open source software
- Ensure that the appropriate support tools are deployed in line with the client environment
- Ensure servers are also built to the appropriate security and compliance standards.
- Assist in defining and refining technical direction, and helping lead innovation within the team.
- Provide knowledge transfer and written documentation so as to improve the overall level of knowledge and ability within the team.
What skills will I need?
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills
- Solid verbal and written communication
What experience do I need?
- 5 years + experience of working as a Systems Administrator (Unix)
- Experience in using Agile methodology (preferred)
Due to the nature of Government work, the successful candidate for this role will currently hold an Australian citizenship.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top