Job Roles and Responsibilities
•Responsible for deployment, configuration, maintenance and trouble-shooting customer's Infrastructure
•Perform regular security tasks: Patch, Health Check, Vulnerability Scan...etc.
•Act as communication hub to deal with all the parties in the project
•Diagnosis of VMware & Windows server performance and perform performance tuning
•Schedules and perform VMware & Windows installations, patching and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established client's SLA and procedures.
•Troubleshoots problems, responds to escalation, actively perform investigation and implement the fix within SLA
•Meet requirements of the on-call roster as assigned, being available to respond in time to meet the minimum criteria laid down for Severity 1 & 2 problems within the customer's Service Level Agreements. Job Requirements & Qualification (skills/experiences) Technical Skills:
•VMware ESX/ESXi 5/6 or ,at least, completed one VMware project implementation(Full cycle).
•VMware VCP 5.0/6.0 Certification , VACP certification is a huge advantage.
•Experienced in VMware HA, VMotion configuration, DRS, Virtual server conerting tool, server clustering
•Min two years Microsoft 2008 / 2012 server experiences and/or Linux experiences.
•Server scripting, PowerShell, TCP/IP, Networking and server technologies
• Basic understanding of the Enterprise Operations Process, ITIL
Non-Technical Skills: • Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications skills in English
• Cantonese speaker is preferred. • Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Must have excellent team working skills.
Required: * Good team player
* Good communication skill
* Great passion to learn and quick learner
* High feasibility and able to adapt to change quickly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong understanding of Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and VMware ESXi(familiarity for Unix is a plus)
- Good understanding of Windows Active Directory and Windows cluster
- Good understanding of windows infrastructure applications, such as DNS, DHCP, File & print server.
- Good understanding windows security. Experience in server security hardening and security violation remediation is preferred.
- Good understanding of Intel server hardware, IBM xSeries, Compaq/HP hardware
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top