IT Specialists in this job role will have expertise in one or more storage system technology areas. Examples include: disk, tape, optical, SAN, NAS, or storage software related to these technologies. Typical examples of the deliverables are building proof-of-concept solutions with storage system technology and architecting storage solutions to address client requirements. IT Specialists in this job role work with products or solutions based on any vendor hardware and/or any vendor operating system software. IT Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external customer billable services and implementation environment. Roles and Responsibilities
- This role guides a squad(s) in providing an end-to-end service(s) for GTS Optimized Services.
- They will facilitate and drive the use of agile practices for squad operations including optimizing workflow, identifying bottlenecks, and removing obstacles impacting squad performance.
- Acts as technical resource and point of escalation for team members.
- Engages in identifying and resolving complex problems relating to the service(s) provided by the squad(s).
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of technical solutions
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Dell EMC, VMAX, VNX, Unity, Isilon, Data Domain
- IBM Storage Systems - Storage area networks (SAN), Flash storage, Tape storage
- Knowledge in Data Recovery, and Data Warehousing within a large Enterprise environment
- SAN, iSCSI, NAS storage device configuration and administration.
- Experience with block and file data migrations
- Demonstrated knowledge in Windows, Linux and AIX operating systems
- Knowledge of VMware and other Hypervisor hosts and cluster architecture
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with EMC Networker & IBM TSM installation, configuration and administration
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top