System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of and access to our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provide Windows S erver management services, supporting hardware and software in upgrade/patching, and system performance/capability /capacity management ， administer supported backup and storage system.
- Support with the identification of problems related to product/application installation, update, configuration, operations, performance or other aspects of information technology products & services .
- Suggests and/or implements solutions to resolve problems & ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Interfaces with customer for problem resolution.
- Provide the security administration on managed system with implementation & maintenance of the action solutions. And fix every security issues and vulnerabilities once they are found or reported.
- Supports the coordination of the processing environments.
- Strong understanding of Windows 2012 , Windows 2008 and VMware ESXi (familiarity for Unix operating systems is a plus)
- Good understanding of Windows Active Directory and Windows cluster
- Good understanding of windows infrastructure applications, such as DNS, DHCP, File & print server.
- Good understanding windows security. Experience in server security hardening and security violation remediation is preferred.
- Good understanding of Intel server hardware, IBM xSeries, Compaq/HP hardware
- Scripting abilities are a big plus ( vbs , WSH, WMI, etc.)
- Solid understanding of patch management best practices (Microsoft Software Update Services, patch testing, software deployment, etc.)
- Citrix and Antivirus are plus.
- Network Knowledge: Fundamental understanding of Windows security from a LAN, WAN, and DMZ perspective. Able to configure/troubleshoot network connections, DHCP/IP, NAT and bridged network
- Strong independent problem solving skills
- Good Communication Skills (Written & Oral), Interpersonal Skills & Cross Organization Teaming
- Leadership experience is plus
- Customer Relationship Management
- Ability to work independently
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top