System Management Specialist - SAP
The SAP Basis Administrator maintains the life-cycle management of SAP systems .
The SAP Basis Administrator applies standard SAP principles, concepts and techniques
in system installation, user administration, managing system access, monitoring performance
and problem diagnosis and resolution.
This role will be also responsible for regular compliance checks and implementation of related global procedures.
- Installs the SAP systems, performs SAP release upgrades,
- Apply system patches (Kernel Upgrades, OSS notes, support packages, add-ons).
- Supports the technical implementation of SAP production, development, and test environments.
- Manages DB2 UDB, MSSQL and Oracle DB Databases and performs upgrades.
- Setup and maintenance of backup, restore and disaster recovery procedures.
- Performs client copies/refreshes, system copies/refreshes.
- Performs root cause analysis on all production support-related issues.
- Monitors and maintains production SAP environment proactively.
- Tunes SAP and DB performance and workload.
- Develops and maintains SAP authorization concept.
- Designs and implements change control methodology using STMS.
- Provides support for applications 24/7 when assigned as primary contact.
- Responds to user/operator requests and inquiries based on service desk support system.
- Strong working knowledge of networking fundamentals and operating systems .
- Strong analytical skills to resolve network and hardware related issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Installs and manages Independent software applications (Solution Manager, Saprouter, Web Dispatcher etc.)
Work Experience Requirements:
Must have strong SAP administration experience, background with Basis and NetWeaver is required.
Experience with SAP Netweaver components running on unix is required ( AIX experience is preferred ).
Experience with J2EE stack is preferred.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top