- Work with geographically dispersed release engineering and software development teams to support and sustain productivity levels by troubleshooting and resolving application user problems 24x7. Ensure steady-state operation of all supported application production servers;
- Work with product development to deploy and monitor the pre-release software and providing feedback to the developers for the purpose of improving product quality;
- Set-up and deployment of complex product integrations;
- Develop standard operating procedures and other documentation for all operational activities;
- Resolve customer issues submitted via problem tickets and provide training and education to end users as needed. Work with release engineering to resolve all problems that may impact product build schedules;
- Source code management. Monitor and audit data backups to ensure integrity of mission critical data;
- Develop and maintain DevOps pipeline for application CI/CD.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid system administration skills of Linux/Unix/Windows;
- Script programming skills: shell/python/perl/ant;
- Skilled experience in database: DB2, Oracle, MySQL;
- Solid experience with WAS/WPS, Tomcat, Apache Web Server, Message Broker;
- Be familiar with J2EE development and Web application test processes;
- Work experience in Java/J2EE/Web Service standards and programming;
- Solid understanding of storage & data backup;
- Good knowledge of system account management: Windows Active Directory, LDAP, NIS;
- Familiar with Source Control & Build Systems(SVN, Maven, Jenkins, BuildForge, Rational Team Concert, Jazz, etc.);
- Work experience on devOps pipeline for CI/CD;
- System level performance tuning & troubleshooting;
- Excellent written/spoken English.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Easy-going, open-minded, be patient
- Strong communication skill, fluent English
- Good teamwork spirit
- Self-motivated and good leadership
- Good business sense and insight
- Quick learner
- Creative thinking
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top