IBM Research is seeking a Senior System Architect for to design and lead an effort for a radical new supercomputing system.
Located at IBM's T. J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY, this position brings together expertise in physics, chemistry, and the disciplines of electrical, thermal and mechanical engineering, with the ability to comprehend, optimize, and invent. Proven ability to technically direct multi-disciplinary teams is desired. Some knowledge of supercomputer systems and how they are used is a requirement. Broad experience in physics and chemistry is highly desired. Experience in low temperature systems, analog and digital control systems, custom and high volume manufacturing, and data center design is preferred.
A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or a related area is preferred.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
The World is Our Laboratory: No matter where discovery takes place, IBM researchers push the boundaries of science, technology and business to make the world work better. IBM Research is a global community of forward-thinkers working towards a common goal: progress.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 15 years experience in creating, developing and managing/leading large (>10 person) diverse, multi-disciplinary high performance teams
- 10-20 years of leading lab design, development and implementation
- 10 years experience in leading, preparing and delivering briefings to senior management, C-level executives, government officials
- 10 years of managing project, lab and department level budgets
- 10 years experience in developing deep technical relationships and collaborations with universities and industry partners, creating, participating in and chairing symposiums, consortiums, or conferences
- 5 years experience in developing and leading business opportunities for developing research technologies
- 5 years experience in developing research strategy
- 10 years experience in physics.
- 5 years experience in standard silicon based manufacturing
- Experience in and/or willingness to apply for and hold necessary security clearances
- Ability to gain and maintain appropriate security clearance
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proven expertise in Microsoft office products, specifically Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Project
- CAD tools
- Working knowledge of LaTe
- Must be technical, analytical, have proven interpersonal and teaming skills
- Must have proven verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top