System Administrator - Windows Specialist (Budapest or Székesfehérvár)
- Székesfehérvár, Hungary
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities
General job role information:
This role is responsible for controlling or monitoring complex computer systems, applications and/or distributed systems in a multi vendor environment. Also responsible for ensuring proper operations of systems and subsystems and supporting Helpdesk or higher level teams to solve arising issues.
General job role responsibilities:
- Manages and controls the contracted systems and subsystems
- Proactively checks and monitors the contracted systems and subsystems
- Ensures systems and subsystems availability according to service level agreements
- Uses the incident and problem management tools, processes and services to solve incidents and problems
- Uses the change management tools, processes and services to complete the scheduled changes
- Initiates and schedules new changes based on change management processes and procedures
- Manages all compliance related workload in accordance with the related processes and procedures
- Restarts failing system and subsystem components after outages
- Provides assistance to Help Desk, if needed
- Obtains assistance from more experienced colleagues from the team, if needed
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by his / her superior.
Management and support of the operating system tasks, like:
• System administration of Windows systems
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support of Windows for supported services
• Resolve problems and issues occurred on the Windows servers within the times specified in the SLA
• Work through problems and issues to obtain root cause analysis
• Support planning and install of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
• Plan and install upgrades/new software, including some local customization.
• Support planning and installation of system software patches to fix identified problems.
• Manage system & software configurations (via change control)
• Manage clusters
• Manage Filesystems •
• Fine-tune systems/software to improve performance
• Plan and upgrade system firmwares
• User Management (add, edit, modify, delete)
• Ensure that backups (mksysb and filesystem) of services are taking place as required - resolve any errors
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health/insurance related benefits (private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
- Flexible benefit elements (SZÉP card, AYCM sports card, School Support, Local Travel Pass)
- Commuting and relocation support
- Special discounts with IBM card
- International environment
- Development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
More than 1-2 years experience in Windows 2008 and 2012 systems (OS security knowledge to perform Security modifications and Security patching, Deep OS troubleshooting skill)
security knowledge (experience with security and global standards)
knowledge and experience in physical and logical disk (SAN) handling (for example allocation, remove, etc)
userid management (permissions, userid creation/remove/modify, etc)
Basic knowledge of VMware virtualisation technology
Basic knowledge of VMware vCenter
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Deep understanding of ADDS
Medium level network knowledge
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top