System Administrator - AIX
- Hortolândia, Brazil
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will work in a Windows-based environment, using Windows 7 VDI, Microsoft Office suite including Outlook and OneNote, Skype for Business, and SharePoint. Supporting our clients on hardware and software components. Activities include operation and maintenance of operating systems across multiple platforms, middleware applications, various database technologies, high availability solutions, and load balancing. Job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following: operation and maintenance of operating systems and platform support, database administration, capacity planning, performance management, security compliance. Support is also provided for systems management tools that monitor the operational status of the environment.
**Job possibility at 24X7 scale.
All our opportunities are eligible for people with disabilities or rehabilitated.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
English language - Advanced or Fluent (is required)
IT Technical Skills (ITIL)
- Experience with administering and troubleshooting AIX 5/6/7:
- Process management: identify, kill and restart CPU/memory intensive processes.
- Filesystem: list, create, delete, and modify partitions, LVM, and NFS.
- Users and groups: create, delete, and modify local user accounts, passwords, superuser access, and group membership.
- Networking: configure an IP address and name resolution, understanding of concepts such as network sockets, routing, and a firewall.
- Security: locate and interpret system log files, and configure firewall rules and settings.
- Scripting: experience with shell scripting in Ksh.
- Backup: perform system backup and restore using mksysb.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Teamwork, collaboration, self-taught.
- Understanding and exposure to infrastructure systems, such as directory service (e.g. Active Directory, Centrify), backup (e.g. NetBackup), storage (e.g. NetApp, IBM XIV), and load balancer.
- Knowledge and/or experiences in Public and Private clouds, such as IBM Cloud, Azure, AWS and GCP.
- Experiences in other platforms, such as AIX, Windows, and VMware vCenter.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Agile methodology.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top