We live in an era of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of cognitive computing, cloud, analytics, social, mobile and security. As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and we encourage you to consider being part of this new team.
Responsible for managing data and systems and provide support in business recovery plans. Assists with ensuring the availability of applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the data backup environment. Diagnoses, resolves, and documents hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training and support where required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and expanding the existing Backup strategy and infrastructure
- Performing daily health check and maintaining desired level of success rate for the backup jobs
- Configuring installing and managing data backups for applications and systems
- Troubleshooting backup problems and execute lasting solutions
- Regular maintenance of servers' backup software and storage tools through the installation of software upgrades patches and hardware upgrades
- Identifying points of vulnerability and developing disaster avoidance plans
- Implementing templates for standardizing all technical backup and recovery procedures for all sites
- Participating in an on-call production support rotation
- Upgrading backup infrastructure and improving the backup and recovery performance using latest applicable techniques.
- 2-5 years of experience as a Backup Administrator
- Working knowledge of HP Data Protector, IBM Spectrum Protect (formerly known as Tivoli Storage Manager), Veeam, Avamar and Networker
- Strong analytic skills, focus on problem determination.
- Drive to succeed and desire to develop a knowledge of working IT systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related discipline.
- No military service obligation for male candidates
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Knowledge about OS (Linux, AIX, Windows)
- Knowledge about virtualization LPARs / VMWare ES
- Certification in any of the areas (HP Data Protector, IBM Spectrum Protect (formerly known as Tivoli Storage Manager), Veeam, Avamar and Networker)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Peter M.Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top