SW Developer - Cloud
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career.
Travel not required
What is your job?
-As a cloud developer, you will be expected to demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you develop, implement, and eventually help to run core infrastructure components to back IBM Security's cloud portfolio of products
-You will work with product owners to implement new components, and new features in existing components
-You will help your team find and resolve technical debt using agile development practices
-You will help your team support and run your services in production in a DevOps-oriented fashion
-You will with other products and teams in the IBM Security division to help them utilize and develop against the platform components you build
Why you want to work at IBM Security ?
-Ability to work for one of the most advanced cybersecurity companies in the world
-Use the most modern software development tools to work on the leading edge of software development, building micro-services based cloud-first infrastructure
-Work in a team-oriented environment
-Work with a globally-distributed and international team, with a culture centered on success. One of the worlds most Trusted Brands.
-Opportunities for personal growth and charitable giving, such as joining the IBM On-Demand Community and the IBM Corporate Service Corps
-Opportunities for global travel
-Competitive compensation and benefit packages
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Experience developing micro-services platforms
- 1 year of professional experience developing in Java, Python
- Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment, such as Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or others
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies is a plus: Apache Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Node JS
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience working on highly scalable platforms
- Experience working on IBM Security products (ISAM, FIM)
- Experience working on application security (SAML, OIDC)
- Willingness to take ownership of your code - you build it, you run it
- Ability to work with other geographically dispersed teams
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top