IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role you will have knowledge of security principles with the ability to work independently.
- Provide wide range of security and process consulting, risk management and training services.
- Support integration and management activities through the life cycle of the program.
- Develop comprehensive, "total" solutions to threat and/or vulnerability
related problems and their impact on systems, organizations or facilities.
- Perform threat reduction measures, crisis management, consequence management, and training.
- Perform security, threat, vulnerability, interoperability, and capability assessments.
- Identify and implement security measures including plans, policies, and procedures; risk management planning; physical and cyber security; mechanical, structural, and architectural reviews, and business continuity planning.
- Support training activities with emphasis on monitoring and measuring performance, implementing lessons learned, enforcing standards, and test scenarios.
- Implement and maintain the security requirements as defined by the client. (70%).
- S ecurity Training and Awareness (10%)
- Risk Management (10%)
- Change management (10%)
- T his position is located in Burlington, VT, however will require periodic travel to cover similar surveillance position in East Fishkill, NY
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
PSHJ 1SCTY DCHJ GBSPSDC DODAL17
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 4 years of experience with a basic knowledge of security principles with the ability to work independently.
4 years work experience in the field. OR
College Degree will equate to 4 years of experience. OR
2 years work experience and a 2 year degree
Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance
Ability to gain Security+, CISA, CISM or CISSP certification within 6 months of starting on project.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Visual Basic experience with excel Systems administration
- Advanced MS Office Proficiency
- Semi Conductor Manufacturing Experience / Theory
- Security+, CISSP, CISA or CISM - Certification
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top